Saturday, December 02, 2006

"Why do you always do that thing you do with the feelings?"

It seems, over the last week, I've developed this, probably bordering on unhealthy, ridiculous obsession with one Polly Jean Harvey.

When I was probably around 19 or 20, one of the last shows I attended with my friend Mike before we kind of lost touch with each other was a show she played at Avalon. She wore bright red lipstick, her hair flowed down her back and she had this tight pink catsuit on. It seemed like most of the night she was singing directly to me or Mike the entire night (and actually more to Mike than me for which to this day I am eternally jealous). She is the ultimate showwoman knowing exactly what it takes to perform and entrance the crowd. To this day, there have been few shows that were more special than the one I witnessed from the first row that night.

I am not one to get these ridiculous and completely unrealistic crushes with celebrities for those exact stated previous reasons in this sentence. But every once in a while....

Polly Jean Harvey is, by my own high standards, perfect.

I've tried try to listen to other music, but it genrally all ends up coming back to her.

I feel inspired.

And happy.

And bleeding.

On another note, patience is really not something I've ever been good with. Came back and hit me in the face this week a couple of times.

It's really a quality that I am lacking and have to learn.

Quickly. (And cue laughter here Aaron Sorkin...)

And on one other note....

(This being in all actuallity a note or letter if you will...)

Dear Paris Hilton and Britney Spears,

Please start wearing panties. None of us want to see where undoubtedly countless other men have been before. Plus, Britney has that C-section scar. And that's not sexy. Men want sexy.

As a matter of fact....start wearing pants too.

The kind that leave everything to the imagination.

Exclusively.

Sincerely,
The Public

Side note to Lindsey Lohan - Keep doing what you've been doing. Wear as little as possible actually. At the very least, it makes of laugh because we are all fully aware your not that naive, and it doesn't make us men want to throw up. Also, if your not going to stop drinking completely, what's the point of going to AA. Stop fooling yourself.

Currently listening:

Rid Of Me
By PJ Harvey
Release date: By 30 June, 1992

No comments: