Wednesday, February 25, 2009

(Sadness + music) / catharisis = healing

"Wonderwall" by Ryan Adams from the album Love Is Hell
"There are many things that I would like to say to you but I don't know how..."

"So Real" by Jeff Buckley from the album Grace
"And I couldn't awake from the nightmare. It sucked me in and pulled me under..."

"Lost Cause" by Beck from the album Sea Change
"Sorry eyes that cut through the bone but make it hard to leave you alone..."

"How It Ends" by DeVotchKa for the album How It Ends
"...And you already know how this will end..."

"Sentimental Heart" by She & Him from the album Volume One
"Old habits die hard when you've got a sentimental heart..."

"Mexico" by Incubus from the album Morning View
"You could see me reaching, so why couldn't you have met me half-way?"

"Everlong" by The Foo Fighters from the album The Colour and the Shape
"...and I wonder, if everything could ever feel this real forever...if anything could ever be this good again..."

"Dreams" by TV on the Radio from the album Desperate Youth, Blood Thirsty Babes
"I know your heart won't grieve what your eyes won't see, but you were my favorite moment of our dead century..."

"The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" by The Postal Service from the album Give Up
"...and I am finally seeing that I was the one worth leaving..."

"Will You Smile Again?" by ...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead from the album Worlds Apart
" If heaven sent you downstream, where banished eyes haven't been...would you smile again for me?"

"Only In Dreams" by Weezer from the Blue Album
"But when we wake, it's all been erased, and so it seems, only in dreams..."

"Black" by Pearl Jam from the album Ten
"and now my bitter hands chafe beneath the clouds of what was everything..."

No comments: